Thursday, October 28, 2021
From the Book of Cerne
From the Book of Cerne [i.e. the personal prayer book of Bishop Aedeluald, in the early 9th century]
The Holy Prayer
O Lord God of Virtues, Possessor of Heaven and Earth, Master and Creator. O King of kings, and Lord of lords, Thou Who Art Exalted above all nations and Thy Glory above the Heavens; I commend my soul into the Hand of Thy Power, that Thou mightest guard it in days, nights, hours, and moments! O Angels, Archangels, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Dominations, Thrones, Cherubim, and Seraphim! Intercede ye for me that I might be worthy to have eternal life! I beseech that I may come through words, through thoughts, through deed, O Lord Jesus Christ, hear Thou me, and have mercy on me, Thou Who Reignest unto the ages of ages. Amen.
https://books.google.com/books?id=rfU_AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA139#v=onepage&q&f=false
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Confession of the Faith of the Fathers of the Synod of Milan
Confession of Faith of St. Mansuetus of Milan and the Synod held in 679, and sent to the Emperor Constantine IV to confirm the Orthodox Fa...
-
Question 4 [from St. Photius' "Ten Questions"]: Which of those ordained by condemned heretics have not suffered any harm? An...
-
Against Eutyches, or Against Nestorius and Eutyches in Five Books for the Defense of the Synod of Chalcedon [Rough draft translation] Vi...
-
Against Eutyches, or Against Nestorius and Eutyches in Five Books for the Defense of the Synod of Chalcedon [Rough draft translation] Vig...
No comments:
Post a Comment