A Deacon's Prayer of Preparation before Mass from the late 9th Centtury Echternacht Sacramentary:
Prayer of Deacons
Almighty and Most Merciful God, Thou Who hast granted me the unworthy one to minister at the Sacred Altars, and granted me the power to praise Thine Holy Name, do Thou allow me to have, through these celebrations of the Mysteries, the forgiveness of all my sins; whatever sins of the flesh, or thoughts of the soul, or the ambitions of this world, that I have committed against the Rectitude of Thy Commandments, do Thou forgive me; do Thou grant the Grace of the Holy Ghost to enlighten mine heart, that I may be able to minister worthily at Thy Mysteries; may I be worthy to love Thee, the Eternal Charity; so may this Diaconal Order not turn to my judgment but eternally aid me for forgiveness of sins, and may it provide entry to perpetual beatitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment